We are a John Deere dealer with 27 locations serving a diverse group of agricultural, commercial, and residential customers in North Carolina and southern Virginia. At Quality Equipment, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, our employees, and our community. Our employees and management stay close to our customers and strive to serve them quickly and in ways that make sense in each local area.
Our work culture is ethical, entrepreneurial, and hard working. We work with excellent people every day – our customers and our co-workers. Our work is challenging and offers a great deal of variety in the tasks we do. At Quality Equipment we strive to be the premier John Deere dealer in our region by serving our customers with commitment and integrity.
We offer the opportunity for stable, rewarding, and challenging work with a large and growing company which still maintains the feel of a small business. At Quality Equipment, there are opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
We are currently looking for a Service Writer to join us in our Wallace store:
1) Open work orders as directed by the service manager with correct customer name, address, and telephone number.
2) Indicate all work requested by customer and advise the technician whether the work is an "estimate, "quote", or “repair as needed" according to the customers wishes.
3) Maintain control of work order until closed and invoiced.
4) Post technician comments from the technician instruction sheet as required.
5) Open additional work order segments with appropriate SPG times as additional work is identified by the technician and approved by the Service manager.
6) Post all labor charges from daily job time cards to the appropriate work order and segment.
7) Be sure all parts and outside labor and materials invoices are posted to the correct work order and segment with proper references comments (when necessary).
8) When parts are returned by technician delete those parts from correct work order and segment.
9) Prepare a preview copy of compiled work orders for the service manager's review and invoicing authorization.
10) Make sure that the customer signs all work orders at time of pick-up or upon delivery of unit.
11) Prepare management reports necessary to audit the performance of the department, and individual employees, on a periodic basis.
12) Maintain and file service department copies of work orders after billing as machine history and customer records.
13) Process all manufacturer’s warranty and product improvement program claims. Follow up to ensure manufacture processes claims timely.
14) Perform other administrative duties and functions as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
15) Assist service manager and product support manager during periodic visits or calls to primary customers, monitoring customer relations, needs, problems, and satisfaction with dealership performed repairs.
16) Assist in customer service duties as well as telephone calls directed to the service department. Assist in answering the telephone as required.
17) Be familiar with all computer programs related to required functions of this position such as: MSENTRY, WCLAIM, SHHIST, CGEQUIP, JD Vision, DTAC and dial up for parts orders. Attend training sessions and schools necessary to maintain current knowledge of systems, programs, and procedures.
18) Assist technicians with parts problems, DTAC, service history, and with ordering machine down parts.
Skills & Qualifications:
1) Must have basic computer skills, along with experience in Microsoft office.
2) 5+ years experience of equivalent.
3) Valid driver’s license.
4) Able to travel with possibility of overnight stays.
5) Communication skills necessary to work with management, customers and personnel.
6) High analytical and accuracy skills.
Ø Noise Levels: High.
Ø Weight Requirements: Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Ø Mobility: Standing and sitting for long durations.
Ø Visual: Working with PC, manuals, and close detailed work.
Ø Driving: Daily – short and long distances.
Ø Respiratory: Possible exposure to exhaust and dust fumes.
Ø Dexterity: Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and parts.
Our employees receive competitive wages and can participate in the benefits which currently include medical and dental insurance, flexible spending account, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401(K) program with employer match and a company discount. In addition, Quality Equipment provides significant paid training and opportunities for professional and personal development. Our goal is for our employees to reach their full potential.Company Description
Quality Equipment, LLC has merged with East Coast Equipment, LLC as of October 1, 2018. We are now serving customers of North Carolina and southern Virginia in 27 locations. Quality Equipment is managed by Bryan Dobson, President, and a corporate management team.
In addition to our primary lines of John Deere Agricultural, Turf, and Commercial Worksite Products, Quality Equipment is also the preferred dealer for several other manufacturers including Stihl, Honda Power Equipment, Alamo, Amadas Industries, KMC, Frontier, EZ Trail, Hardee, Mechanical Transplanter, and Unverferth.