Summary Description of Job:
Operator is responsible for mixing colors, loading and operating the machine that coats the webbing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review paperwork for the day's orders.
- Puts deckles and shims (less than 5#) into place. Requires squatting or bending at the waist, forward reaching. Tool use and hand tightening.
- Reaches overhead to turn switch and to shoulder height with 30 inches forward reaching to operate controls on the panel
- Loads spool of material at beginning of the line. Rolls full spool to holder and puts bar into place. Slight trunk and neck flexion and side bending and pushing.
- Uses both hands and fingers to feed the webbing and to ensure it is not twisted. Lateral and 3 point pinch used.
- Read instructions for the color batch.
- Place bucket on scale and zero out.
- Manually scoop granules from the box or barrel and put into the bucket.
- Dump into mixer lifting waist to chest height.
- After mixed, dump back into bucket
- Carry bucket up 6 steps to platform. this requires using both hands to carry the bucket when it is heavy
- Dump material into the hopper lifting bucket to clear 36 inches high using both arms.
- Monitor and measure the width and quality of the coated webbing using calipers and both hands.
- Make adjustments using controls as needed.
- Walks up and down the line to monitor the process
- Every hour cut sample and do a visual inspection and measurement to document time, lot, amount of web, web lot, settings, dimensions, and temperatures.
- If webbing is running low-change the spool
- Lifts screw (up to 78#) out to clean there is a jack made so that you can slide it onto the jack and lifting is not necessary.
- Changes die using die cart to support the weight of the die and the adapter. Uses hand and power tools to loosen the die.
Strong customer-oriented and family-orientated company. Offers incentives and job perks. Medical insurance available, paid holidays and vacation time also.