POSITION PURPOSE: Lead the investigation and continuous improvement of our global supplier base and manufacturing processes within multiple chemical production facilities. Work with a group to support continuous improvement projects while integrating ISO and IATF compliance into quality control activities and new product development. Work with the R&D team to investigate non-conformances and provide problem solving leadership to support root cause analysis within our global organization.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, develop, implement and monitor lean initiatives to eliminate waste
- Works with purchasing, and technical to develop quality control plans
- Provides leadership between supplier, purchasing, technical, operations, sales, and marketing in resolving quality concerns on manufactured or purchased products and components
- Ensures defect-free performance of the business by working with purchasing to evaluate, develop, and manage our supplier base with the objective of overall quality improvement
- Leads and defines processes to drive improvements while resolving supplier quality issues via implementation of both near-term and far-term solutions
- Works with purchasing to participate in supplier evaluations, selection and strategic sourcing process development
- Responsible for supplier corrective action processes including containment, root cause analysis, execution of corrective actions and tracking of approved process deviations to ensure continuity within our products / components
- Works with suppliers to outline key quality tools and ensures identified tools are utilized effectively
- Responsible for working with technical and purchasing teams to ensure that all requirements are met by the supplier for new or existing product/design changes
- Measures supplier quality performance according to established procedures; drives appropriate improvements to meet established targets
- Evaluate the appropriate quality tool and analyze the data that results from use of the applied tools to resolve non-conformances, such tools include Pareto analysis, histograms, control charts, and application of mini-tab
- Utilizes Problem Solving and Quality improvement methodologies including understanding of tools/process types and selection, plus corrective and preventative action process
- Work with technical to develop and coordinate packaging material specification changes along with performance testing to meet the demands of handling, shipment and retail display
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in engineering or a related technical or scientific subject required
- Field experience with good knowledge of quality and process control within a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with AIAG Core tools, which are fundamental to support the automotive quality systems ISO, TS 16949, IATF 16949 – preferred
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt certification preferred
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D modeling software desired
- Strong analytical, problem solving ability and self-starter
- Able to manage multiple projects and varying tasks simultaneously
- A strong team player, able to interact and cooperate with the business and R&D team
About Old World Industries, LLC:
OWI – an established Chicago based entrepreneurial company is completely transforming itself to be a multi-billion dollar global corporation
Led by flagship brands PEAK®, BlueDEF® and Herculiner®, Old World Industries (OWI) has transformed itself from a small chemical trading company into a global powerhouse in the automotive, chemical, and agricultural industries, with global footprint in over 55 countries.
For over 40 years, OWI has delivered against the vision of its Founders, Tom Hurvis and Riaz Waraich, namely to keep commitments to strategic partners and by investing in its people, brands, products and technology. This has enabled OWI to be a leader in multiple industries:
#1 Antifreeze/Coolant supplier in North America
#1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) in North America
#2 Automotive Lighting supplier in North America
OWI is now undergoing a major transformation to further accelerate growth and be a multi-billion dollar global corporation.
To support this significant growth, we recently moved to a new state-of-the-art Headquarters in Northbrook, Illinois. Our new location is easily accessible from train stations as well as the highway and boasts a mix of open seating floor plans, informal work areas and meeting rooms. Additional amenities include multiple cafes, free on-site health-club for employees, walking/running trails as well as a subsidized cafeteria. OWI offers very competitive compensation packages and rich benefit offerings to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
Join this exciting company that is growing and as a private family company still provides a family culture with an innovative spirit in which you can thrive and make a difference.