We are seeking for hard working dog sledding guides for the next season. Malangen Resort offers a variety of winter activities for our guests. Dog sledding is one of our most popular activities. Our kennel consists of around 60 dogs. We offer tours where two guests share a sled with 4-6 dogs pulling them through the beautiful Malangen nature we have here.
Our guides are an integral part of the success of our trips and the satisfaction of our clients. Passion for the outdoors, a love for animals, and a desire to learn are a must.
• Planning and preparation of dog sledding tours
• Safety talks to clients relating to clients and dog well being
• Guiding tours of around 1 hour
• Heating up food and entertaining guests after the sledding
• Ability to travel comfortably and safely in the wilderness, keeping our guests and dogs safe
• Daily chores: feeding dogs, cleaning kennels, changing straw when needed, nail clipping, monitoring dogs as expected by our kennel manager
• Maintenance of sleds, lines, kennels and equipment
• Learn about dog sledding historie,local historie, the sami people, the polar dog breeds so you can teach this to our guests
• Participation in pre-season training, trail clearing and pre-season setup.
• Self motivated, positive attitude, ability to be outdoors in all weather conditions
• Physically strong, you will need to be able to lift at least 30 kg
• Love for dogs, willing to care for our dogs in kennel and on the tours
• Outdoor experience
• Ability to lead and entertain a group of guests
• English speaking guides are a must
• Must have a drivers licence
• Understanding risks and risk management policies
• Carry out emergency procedures
• Dog sledding experience is preferred, but not a must
• First aid certifications are preferred, but you will be given a basic first aid course before season start
• Compassion for people
• Maturity with a broad range of life experiences
• Ability to adapt to changing conditions due to weather, guests, dogs and trails
A pre season course will be given to all guides were we learn about dog sledding historie, local historie, dog care, driving a team of dogs, safety for guests and dogs. You will also learn basic first aid.
We offer accommodation for a monthly fee. During the season we offer a warm meal during the day to a low cost. We have a small indoor gym, we provide some clothing. The wage is a monthly wage.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,