Service Technician will understand basic operation of the air compressor system, i.e. controls, micro processors, air dryers, and systems. We determine the level of expertise with in-house testing and practical exams. We provide technical support services to customers which includes the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of pumps, compressors and industrial air dryers. Must be able to lift Minimum 50 pounds.
Reports to: Service Coordinator:
1. Ensure service work is performed in a professional manner when on a customer site, supplier site or shop.
2. Participate in training programs as required
3. Participate as an active member of the service team and help in training newer technicians.
4. Perform service work in a safe manner following all safety guidelines i.e. LOTO, NFPA70 arc flash etc.
5. Understand and comply with company operating principles
6. Increase the value of the service call by additional service or parts where needed
Specific Description of the Duties:
1. Provide top priority to billable jobs either in the shop or in the field. We do strive to maintain and exceed 90% total efficiency.
2. Perform service work in a timely and efficient manner
3. Perform service work in a safely, do truck inspection weekly and submit with your work tickets
4. Assure that all Request for Service Tickets, Service Reports are filled with all the correct information to perform that specific
Job and returned to the service coordinator promptly upon completion of the job.
5. Take job assignments from the service coordinator
6. Effective communication with Service Coordinator for next day scheduling, issues, and concerns for proper customer service
7. Request training as needed to perform your service tasks
8. Complete time sheets and service reports daily all information required
9. Maintain a proper compliment of tools in the service truck and supply your own hand tools.
10. Ensure all necessary parts required to complete the service job are ready and available for work
11. Maintain service tools, instruments and service truck clean, free of dirt and grime ready for work at all times
12. Be diligent in assuring the security of your vehicle and its contents at all times
13. Other duties as assignedCompany Description
Since 1968, Sullair of Houston has been providing compressed air solutions from start to finish for Houston, West Texas, South Texas, and East Texas by providing companies with a full line of Sullair industrial air compressor products, excellent service and innovative design to meet even the most demanding specifications.