What you will do
The Procure to Pay (PTP) value stream includes the processes required to buy goods and services, from the development of sourcing strategies through point of production or sales order and ultimate payment to the supplier. You will provide thought leadership for ERP process design within the Procure To Pay (PTP) value stream and understand integration points between PTP and other business process areas. You will gather and align business requirements from the Enterprise as well as Global Products (GP) and lead the translation of those requirements to SAP S/4 by collaborating with business and IT counterparts to ensure that the solution addresses business needs today and into the future. This key position is a liaison between the Business Process Owners and IT as well as manages the governance of Global Products ERP process template also known as the GP Business Process Hierarchy for the PTP value stream.
The candidate will play a leading role in developing business process flows and provide oversight to the IT delivery team in building the GP SAP S/4HANA foundation. As part of the core ERP team for Global Products, this position will also play a leadership role in PBU (Product Business Unit) deployments by developing deployment plans, site readiness assessments, fit-gap assessments, testing, ensuring adoption and overseeing post go-live activities. The candidate may also be expected to define, manage and support IT strategies for their respective value stream beyond core ERP functions.
How you will do it
- Business case development – working with the business, develop ERP business case for the ERP Program, including ERP Foundation and individual projects.
- Program Roadmap – collaborating with business facing IT, define ERP roadmap through site sequencing and plan deployments based on scoring criteria and resource capacity
- Business process scope governance –
- Define in scope and out of scope ERP processes through an approved Global Products Process Hierarchy.
- Manage and govern ERP process templates partnering with the business
- Define level of process standardization through ERP
- Foundation – provide support and oversight to the IT delivery team in building the GP SAP S/4HANA foundation.
- Deployments -
- Develop Deployment plans by region or PBU and oversee deployments
- Site readiness – pre-assessment of the facility for preparedness for the disruption caused by ERP implementation.
- Localization – maintain balance between local (statutory) requirements and global template modification.
- Adoption – partner with the business lead and local business to ensure adoption of the solution.
- Represent Global Products Procure to Pay requirements in the ERP Transformation Program
- Define end to end business process maps for all PBUs, and create a common ERP business process template for PTP
- Translate agreed upon common GP ERP processes for PTP into an SAP PTP Value Stream view with the help of IT Delivery and SI Partners
- Manage process governance and define the level of process standardization for PTP functions, including (but not limited to) supplier management, RFQ/P, Purchase requisitions, Sourcing, contract management, receiving, invoicing, and procurement analysis.
- Map existing business processes into the new ERP capabilities and identify gaps
- Define the process mission, vision, tactics, goals, objectives, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and the measures that are aligned with the organization strategies.
- Synchronize process improvement plans with specific business process owners within the value chain and other interfacing processes.
- Ensure consistent, high quality, and appropriately detailed process designs, including the correct business requirements.
- Makes sure the process is documented, and that the documentation is used and updated regularly.
- Collaborate with business lead on the following deliverables:
- Define and sponsor business process change and capability investments, which continuously increase the maturity of the process and sustain each level of maturity.
- Make sure that process operators have the training and resources to do their jobs well.
- Define the benefits that will realize the strategic objectives of the program. Develop the benefit realization plan.
- Manage “business continuity” during the change by preparing the affected business areas for transition to the new way of working.
- Implement new business processes and ensure successful adoption by the end-users
- Optimize the timing of the release of new process steps into business operations
- Monitor and report process performance against KPIs and health versus plans.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma
- 10+ years of experience in various roles in procurement including leadership or management responsibilities
- Strong ERP subject matter expertise
- SAP experience
- Well-versed with general policies, procedures for sales order administration, shipping, exports, billing and AR.
- Experience working in multi-system, multi-team and highly matrixed environments
- Well-versed with supply chain, manufacturing and finance business processes
- Experience leading teams including employees and contractors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interfacing with the business and IT leaders and customers/suppliers on a regular basis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task
- SAP S/4HANA experience
- Global professional experience with awareness of legal/regional requirements in Americas, European, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pac countries
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit careers.