What you will do
You will be responsible for managing the application portfolio used by our North American businesses. You will directly manage Technical Analysts across the region and oversee Managed Service Providers supporting our environment. You will be a key member of the Major Incident Management process helping drive resolution of critical issues impacting business operations. You will support owner of key applications including ERPs, Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and others within the North America region. You will also oversee our ongoing transformation as we migrate applications to our strategic platforms.
How you will do it
- Work with strategic partners to deliver Application services that will meet demanding business requirements.
- Report on critical KPI’s, monitor performance in North America and offer improvement opportunities.
- Work with regional/country-based IT teams and business stakeholders to ensure that Applications are deployed, used and maintained.
- As needed, will be hands-on to solve complex issues with Applications impacting business operations.
- Provide key direction and establish roadmaps for application transitioning to cloud based infrastructure.
- Service Delivery
- Troubleshoot/Triage incidents to ensure they are promptly in the hands of the right support team
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, not managed by partners, to ensure Application uptime and availability
- Ensure all incidents are resolved against SLAs. Track and report all open and closed incidents to leadership teams
- Work with the partners to analyze tickets and offer solutions to improve performance and minimize disruptions
- Partner with IT, managed service provider and business personnel to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services
- Develop productive and collaborative relationships across the IT teams, business functions and infrastructure partners
- Work with strategic partners to diagnose and solve infrastructure issues. Use data driven mindset to help with problem definition and solution
- Work with the Infrastructure teams to deliver cost effective investments in technology
- Work with business partners to develop guides for business users and IT (e.g., FAQs, employee handbooks, support runbooks)
- Follow business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for incident management.
- Ability to adopt and develop best practice processes and procedures to support a complex Application environment.
- Support and ensure a zero-harm environment through compliance with governance policies and controls relating, but not limited, to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)/IT General Controls (ITGC), Segregation of Duties (SOD), and Vulnerability Management
- Maintain accurate records of IT assets in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) including: application assets, hardware assets, and software licenses
- Become a thought leader around operational excellence in the Application Ops space and offer suggestions around improvements
- Report to senior leadership on business, operational, and client satisfaction metrics with regards to IT Services
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of work experience, including an Application implementation/support service management role
- Hands-on experience with applications like ERPs, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS), Custom Applications, Databases (SQL Server and Oracle) and other back-end systems
- Good understanding of ITIL principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work across multiple cultures and users/personas to influence and drive a pro-active mindset / prevention of e.g. user related issues by improved technology adoption.
- Empathy for and identification with the leads and employees in the organization affected by IT incidents. Strong service ethic.
- Demonstrable leadership. A proven track record of successfully resolving application related issues, applying best practice and offering improvements using practices such as Lean Six-Sigma.
- Analytical skills. Outstanding analytical, ability to prioritize and quickly resolve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. These skills will be used to explain digital concepts and technologies to users so technology is adopted and used properly.
- Effective leadership and service management skills. These skills include team building, consensus building, the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, and achieving goals through others not directly under the lead’s supervision, by working ethically and with integrity.
- Ability to learn new technologies based on requirements from time to time. Digital dexterity along with the vision to see how they can improve IT Ops.
- Experience in a managed service environment
- Academic qualification or professional training in Agile, Lean Six-Sigma or ITIL
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit careers.