The Business Development Manager (BDM) will identify and develop opportunities to strengthen and expand BBSI’s client base, driving revenue by identifying prospects with which BBSI can forge a successful, long-term partnership. Because this role represents the BBSI brand to lead sources and prospective clients, the BDM must fully understand BBSI’s expertise and value, and be able to identify those prospects that represent ideal partners.
The BDM will present BBSI’s knowledge and offerings and the value those offerings represent to our clients. The BDM will develop business by marketing through BBSI’s channels including client referrals, business associates and other lead sources to identify potential client partners.
This position reports to the Area Manager and works in partnership with other positions within the business unit and branch. Interacts regularly with corporate office.
- Understand BBSI’s ideal client base, and focuses business development efforts accordingly
- Drive top line revenue for the branch; supports efforts to effectively manage bottom line
- Comprehend financial concepts; P&L, rate of taxation, labor burden, etc.
- Align prospective clients with the branch business unit through a consultative approach
- Clearly communicate value and expectations to clients and peers
- Develops trusted advisor relationships with clients and business unit peers
- Distribution channel and business community involvement
- Becomes a resource through self-guided continuing education on best practices in the areas of HR, Risk and Safety, Payroll, Recruiting, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Strong analytical, negotiating, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Strong time management skills
Our focus is business owners. Is yours?
BBSI helps business owners to focus on their business. We eliminate organizational complexity and bring predictability to the management of their business. We offer outsourced HR, risk management, payroll administration and recruiting to small-and medium-sized businesses. We combine expert knowledge with industry-leading solutions allowing business owners to focus on their core business while building stronger companies.