*Due to the typical volume of applicants received, only candidates selected for more information or interviews will be contacted. Calls regarding status of an application will not be returned.*
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., located at SouthernMED's Hillcrest/Orangeburg location.
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for providing quality pediatric nursing care under the supervision of SouthernMED's Nurse Manager. Works in the Nurse Phone Triage Unit on a rotational basis.
1. Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
2. Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers medications and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
3. Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, and medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
4. Answers incoming phone calls, on a rotational basis, in support of the Nurse Phone Triage Unit.
4. Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
5. Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities could possibly include training and supervision of new hires in the position of LPN, CNA, MA; floating between various practices to train and supervise clinical staff, fill in for gaps in coverage.
1. State licensed practical nurse
2. Professional customer service skills
3. Skilled in effective written and verbal communications
4. Ability to multi-task, including skills in organizing and prioritizing tasks effectively
5. Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands
6. Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other clinical staff