· Lead all onsite field operations—including those of Lewis employees, subcontractors, and others—on site. Take total responsibility for the job site. “The buck stops here.” Ensure that Safety is the top priority on the jobsite—enforce Company safety program.
· Participate in preconstruction planning meetings and offer practical advice pertaining to the various project schedules, budget, and means and methods. Conduct preconstruction constructability review and site logistics planning. Conduct preconstruction conferences with subcontractors.
· Examine drawings, understand plans, specifications and details, and ensure project is constructed in accordance with plans and specifications. Proactively consider areas where the plans and specifications are unclear and ask questions of Customer and Design Team accordingly.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating subcontractors, materials deliveries, and ensuring adequate subcontractor manpower is present onsite. Proactively consider ways to improve upon schedule progress. Maintain project schedule utilizing scheduling software.
- Ensure productive performance and world-class quality control onsite. Ensure all testing and inspections are conducted per plans, specifications, and QC plan, and that results of such testing are recorded.
- Maintain jobsite daily log and other logs as required. Continually review all logs associated with the project. Document LEED / Green Construction practices as necessary.
Requirements/Qualifications of the Field superintendent:
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the role of construction Field Superintendent, for projects similar to those Lewis constructs.
· High school diploma or acceptable equivalent is a requirement for this position, higher education is a plus.
· Experience in delivering projects with construction costs in excess of $5 million is a strong plus. Lewis is seeking candidates with both new construction and renovation experience—historic restoration experience is a plus but not a requirement for this position.
· Fluency in Microsoft WordTM, ExcelTM, OutlookTM , and MS ProjectTM is a requirement for this position.
· Experience working with specialized construction software, such as TimberlineTM, Primavera P6TM, E-BuilderTM, Vela/BIM 360TM, and other similar software is a plus.Company Description
Lewis Contractors is one of Maryland’s most honored construction management and general contracting firms, a mantle we proudly wear. From the design phase through the ribbon-cutting and beyond, we apply our near half-century of experience toward adding value to our partnerships at every step of the project delivery. We are thinkers and planners, builders and craftsmen. From preconstruction to construction and through post construction, we are proactive leaders in an ongoing collaboration with the owner and design team. We are motivated by a consuming desire to make sure the final result is delivered safely, timely, at or under budget, and meets or exceeds your original vision.
• The Project Manager must have at least five (5) years experience in the role of construction Project Manager, for projects similar to those Lewis constructs. Recent experience in this role on projects in Maryland is a plus.
• Fluency in Microsoft WordTM, ExcelTM, and OutlookTM is a requirement for this position.
• Experience working with specialized construction software, such as TimberlineTM, E-BuilderTM, Vela/BIM 360TM, and other similar software is a plus.
• Experience in the Construction Management-at-Risk delivery method is a strong plus. The ideal candidate shall also have demonstrated experience in construction estimating.
• Achievement of a higher education degree is a plus, but is not a requirement for this position. Achievement of a four-year equivalent or higher degree in a related field, such as engineering, construction management, architecture, etc. is also a plus.