At First Republic,we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
See service from a higher perspective.
As a Preferred Banking Client Services Banker, you will provide timely, accurate and courteous responses to internal and external preferred banking client inquiries. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with team members to maximize customer service and resolve client issues. In this role, you’ll ask questions to develop an understanding of clients’ full banking needs and interact with other banking departments to ensure that these needs are met
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banking Client Services Banker:
- Process client transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, book transfers, wire transfers, Automated Clearing House transactions, loan funding, advances and payments, stop payments, purchases and sales of foreign currency and foreign drafts, cashier’s checks, and account closings.
- Respond to any other banking needs and be able to balance priorities within a reasonable time frame.
- Assist clients by phone, email and in person with transaction requests and account inquiries, and work as a liaison with other departments to meet clients’ needs.
- Initiate courier service for pickup and delivery of client deposits and documents as needed.
- Order ATM cards, checks, deposit slips and other deposit supplies from internal and/or third-party vendors.
- Work with other departments to assist in the processing of specialized transactions (for example, loan fees and special business banking capital calls).
- Navigate research resources and answer client and banker questions using the Bank’s systems.
- Gain a thorough understanding of how to read our clients’ documentation using the OnBase program.
- Assist in audits of the department’s previous day’s new accounts and maintenance changes to ensure compliance with internal operating procedures, including reviewing and generating reports as necessary.
- Work with stakeholders to update client information and documentation; help expedite requests and/or refer them to the appropriate department to ensure that the requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Process and respond to emails and/or telephone inquiries from Online Banking, Call Center, bankers, and other Deposit Services team members.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Accuracy and strong organizational and time management skills
- Versatility and the ability to be a team player
- Professionalism and a positive and responsive attitude
- A commitment to provide extraordinary service and further First Republic’s culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.