84 Lumber is seeking a Jr. Business/Financial Analyst who will partner with the sales and operations functions to deliver financial planning and analysis that will empower upper level management with the information needed to make strategic, operational, and tactical decisions. This is a hands-on role that is expected to serve as a strategic business partner to the organization's leadership and business functions.
This is a unique opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects and initiatives that involve interaction with leaders and subject matter experts across multiple business units and functional areas. The Business/Financial Analyst will tackle a dynamic array of issues often focusing on changes and adjustments to the underlying business. This is accomplished by bring quantitative/analytic support to decision-making so that fact based decisions can be made and projects can be appropriately managed and tracked in pursuit of company goals. There is a heavy focus on budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing trends while identifying possible challenges emerging in the business before they fully impact financial results.
The successful candidate will operate with a sense of urgency and possess the ability to work under tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and accountability. This position is fulfilling to a candidate who has strong analytical skills, system knowledge, data crunching ability, while thinking both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to develop and deliver concise oral, written, and visual presentations appropriate for diverse audiences.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to ask appropriate questions; to be able to explain results, identify critical business issues, and make recommendations.
- Digests complex information, sees trends and analysis through data, and can efficiently and effectively convey findings to others.
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for better ways to report business relevant data while ensuring efficiencies and data integrity.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, ability to identify key business drivers and communicate complex issues/creative solutions.
- Detail oriented and timeline driven with an emphasis on accuracy and results.
- Ability to work either independently or with others, depending on the task.
- Proficient with Excel including, but not limited to pivot tables, filtering, lookups, and summarizing/manipulating large amounts of data.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and priority.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to share complex, technical topics clearly, concisely, effectively and professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively influence team members through consensus building and ability to get results through others.
- Ability to apply a practical, business focused perspective while evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of processes from an operational standpoint.