D&S Hoist and Crane is a leading overhead crane company and is looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to work at customer sites in the Western Pennsylvania market. Our company manufactures and installs new overhead cranes and lifting devices for a large customers throughout the country. We also provide inspection, repair and re-manufacturing services for all types of overhead crane and below-the-hook lifting devices.
D&S is a proud member of the H&K Equipment family of companies which is comprised of 6 different industrial equipment companies across 10 locations, employing over 315 people.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication general arrangement and detail drawings.
- Experience with Stick, TIG, MIG welding, Brazing, Cutting Torches and component heating.
- Certifications in SMAW & FCAW per latest AWS D1.1 preferred.
- Must provide general hand tools & personal welding equipment.
- Experience with lay out, fitting and final welding procedures and processes required.
- Understanding of the differences in materials and their applications.
- Ability to work independently and creatively to develop final fabrications without the use of final detail drawings. Assist engineers with conceptual designs and drawings.
- Required to perform preventative maintenance activities on equipment.
- Past experience with project planning, estimating & basic computer skills a plus.
- Support field service technicians with emergency repair of mechanical components.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with customers.
- Perform work safely and in compliance with OSHA / ANSI standards.
- Perform work at heights both outdoors and inside customer manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a pre-employment D.O.T. physical.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment general welding exam.
The successful candidate must be in good physical condition and demonstrate the ability to operate industrial equipment. The job requires standing, lifting, walking, climbing stairs, bending, pushing and pulling. Use of the hands and normal finger dexterity is required. The candidate must be reliable and willing to work in a team environment.
- Three to Five years experience preferred.
- Manufacturer training program certificates also considered.
- We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience
- Company vehicle
- Company smartphone
- Health Care benefits (dental, vision & prescription drug)
- 401K package with company match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
D&S is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about us at