We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Facilities Technician team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Ability to perform basic equipment troubleshooting and repairs.
- Must be a safety conscious, motivated, detail oriented, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Will utilize aerial platform lifts, boom/snorkel lift, and powered industrial trucks (reach, order picker,
stand up, pallet runners, stock chaser, etc.).
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment including arc flash protection.
- Must possess the knowledge of hand tool use and safe operation
- Must possess the ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and be flexible in day to day tasks.
- Experience in material handling equipment a plus.
- Responsible for keeping and maintaining tools, supplies, and a clean, organized work area.
- Must be flexible on working hours and willing to work scheduled unscheduled overtime.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Regular bending, lifting (up to 70lbs), stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands, wrists, elbows, and shoulders.
- Standing for long durations and walking with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation.
- Follow all company Safety Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
- Work independently as well as a team player.