TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is currently seeking an Office Engineer (OE) in Petaluma, CA. The OE is committed to making certain that the project moves smoothly, ensuring teamwork, efficiency, and clear communication with project team members including Contractors, Agencies, and staff. The OE has full authority, in matters of safety related to imminent hazard or danger.
• Ensuring project documentation is processed in timely manner and is retrievable
• Provides direction to and supervises office technician(s) and/or other administrative staff
• Manages and maintains pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project
• Develops and maintains an organized and complete set of records and procedures for the project
• Timely processing of all documents and work logs including but not limited to weekly statement of working days, submittals for review, information requests, change orders, payments, payment estimates, and project contingency balances
• Monitors labor compliance
• Monitors and schedules all necessary construction staking/surveys, field and material inspections and preliminary, acceptance, and specialty testing as required throughout the contract
• Maintains the as-built drawings for change order updates and assists project lead in ensuring field staff updates as-built drawings as required
• Assists the project lead in preparing final project closeout documents, including the resolution of potential claims
• BS in Civil Engineer or Construction Management
• 5+ years of construction experience, supervisory experience a plus
• Knowledge and experience with the following:
o ProjectWise, ProCore and various scheduling software preferred
o Caltrans oversight projects required.
o Equipment used for inspection, surveying, and construction office engineering management
o Computers, computer applications, and computer software programs in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
o Advanced Excel skills