Our client is a premier flexographic printer/converter of flexible packaging materials (bags, pouches, laminated roll stock, etc.) with cutting edge technology and a strong workforce. They are seeking a Director of Supply Chain Management who is committed to safety and excellence.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have experience in a Printing or Packaging environment. No exceptions.
This individual will:
- Plan, organize, direct, and control activities related to the planning of all material in the plant
- Develop systems to evaluate vendor quotations and vendor performance, using appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service
- Negotiate requests for material, equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors
- Support capital project management and negotiating
- Organize, supervise, and direct the work of personnel engaged in planning, purchasing, receiving, issuing, and delivering raw material, finished goods items, blanks, supplies, and tooling
- Work effectively across the organization to ensure successful execution of supply chain support on many integrated efforts
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of supply chain staff
To be considered for this position, you should have the following:
- BS or BA degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business, or a related field
- Minimum of 10+ years of related Purchasing and Inventory, planning and forecasting systems
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Previous experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Professional certification such as APICS or COM is preferred, but not required
The company will provide a base salary, relocation assistance (if needed) to the New England area, and a sign-on bonus for qualified individuals. They also provide:
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability insurances
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match (vesting after 2 years)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are nationwide recruiters for the Printing, Label and Packaging industries.