Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
Job Summary: (100% Travel Required)
The Communications Technician II must possess the ability to perform the technical responsibilities of a Cable Installer and function as a lead member of a technical team. The Technician II will coordinate small groups of installers in the performance of daily workload including adherence to Company safety and quality standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Communications Technician II must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- The Communications Technician II must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- The Communications Technician II must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- The Communications Technician II must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight, and gloves.
- Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8 position combo crim
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
Company Paid Time Off
Company Paid Life Insurance
Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs