Spang & Company, a manufacturer with global operations in China and the United States, seeks to hire several Manufacturing Technicians at our newly-established facility for our Spang Engineered Solutions division located in the Freeport Industrial Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for assembling electronic components from drawings, schematics, work instructions, specification sheets, and manuals. The position requires the manual dexterity to assemble small devices that are in the prototyping and development stage. It will also require the ability to wind magnetic wire on exceptionally large bobbins and stack products.
- Assemble small and large volume production of electronic components.
- Stack steel laminations or insert magnetic cores into wound plastic bobbins.
- Wind magnetic wire onto plastic bobbins of a wide range of sizes, including exceptionally large bobbins.
- Apply solder to terminals or wires.
- Repair or replacement of defective components.
- Apply insulation and connect wiring.
- Verify materials and requirements.
- Testing of electrical fixtures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications include an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline or High School Diploma or equivalent with 3 years of equivalent experience.
Apply in confidence by sending resume in the following application.
Spang is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Founded in 1894, Spang & Company is a diversified manufacturing company. Through the work of three unique product lines, we design, produce and supply precision soft magnetic components and materials to the electronics industry and custom engineered solutions to the power industry. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Spang & Company provides products and services on a worldwide scale, with sales offices and manufacturing plants around the globe.