- Reviews new and renewal insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing for all sort of commercial risks
- Review existing accounts against new markets to determine best fit of risk with carriers available
- Review claims and loss information on individual risks, as needed to identify and re-evaluate accounts accordingly
- Assist with endorsements and audits on existing accounts
- Maintain relationships with existing and new agencies, as well as insurance carriers
- Examines applications received in house to determine if quote could be offered, determine the best market, obtain all possible missing information and try to anticipate questions from the underwriters.
- Decreases value of policy when risk is substandard and specifies applicable endorsements or applies rating to ensure safe profitable distribution of risks, using reference materials.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field
- Experience: At least 5 years of related experience in commercial insurance underwriting
- P&C Insurance License Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
- Customer Service orientation
- Judgment and decision making
- Ability to work in small business setting
Gateway/Pennsy Underwriters, Inc. is a third generation wholesale brokerage in Pittsburgh, PA. We are built on tradition and experience and provide excellent customer service based on integrity and honesty. We have great relationships with our agents and are proud of the relationships we have built since 1953.