The Sr. Cost Accountant will be responsible for:
Execute the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial close process pertaining to inventory and cost of goods sold
* Calculate the excess and obsolete reserves in line with corporate policy
* Maintain standard cost of goods and support the global annual cost roll process for the assigned manufacturing or distribution site, including impact to the standard margin and inventory revaluation
* Create strong collaboration with Finance and Operations business partners to identify and realize productivity savings opportunities
* Analyze manufacturing variances and drive corrective actions in collaboration with operations finance business partners
* Interface with company employees in related functions and demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
* Drive process improvements in cost accounting processes and data flows
* Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions and ensure US GAAP principles and rules are properly adhered to.
* Execute key inventory and cost of goods sold process controls and ensure documentation of those controls meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
How will you get here?
* You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or the equivalent education and experience
CPA, CMA a huge plus
* You have 5 to 10 years of progressive (cost) accounting or operational finance experience
* You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* You have demonstrated hands on experience with researching and resolving technical accounting questions and issues
* You have excellent written and oral communication skills
* You thrive in a complex, multi-level environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
* You are a self-motivated, independent asset in the organization who has enthusiasm and energy for the job
* You have the ability to take on ad hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately
* You have prior success in a highly matrix-ed and fast paced environment