Job Title: Inventory Management Specialist
Required Industry Experience: 6-10 years
Compensation Package: DOQ
Area: Western Suburb
Status: Direct Hire
Job #: 1615
Job Summary: Fast growing company has an opening for a highly motivates individual. This will involve creating processes and inventory strategies designed to meet goals and improve efficiency. Negotiate with freight companies. Manage inventory at local sites including preforming physical inventories at 3rd party warehouses. Need a strong understanding of reverse supply chains. Keep records updates. Need to be able to work one Saturday per quarter.
- Create and implement new inventory processes and best practices
- Manage inventory at 3rd party warehouses
- Negotiate for freight and labor
- Hold vendors and 3PLS accountable
- Communicate inventory issues and levels to other internal departments
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, logistics or related
- 6-10 years of inventory management experience including negotiation
- Experience creating and implementing inventory best practices
- Excellent ERP experience especially Oracle as well as strong Excel experience
- Understanding of reverse Supply Chain
- Good financial acumen and understanding of numbers
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
Keywords: Inventory, Inventory Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing, Commodity Manager, ERP, MRP, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, APICS, ISMCompany Description
Purchasing Professionals Inc. dba PPI Search and Consulting. PPI is poised to satisfy client demands and anticipate what those same clients may need in the future. At PPI, we partner with companies in Minneapolis and St. Paul to provide recruitment and placement services for all levels of experience, from entry level to executive level positions in purchasing, operations, and supply chain management. With the addition of our consulting services, we are now able to utilize experienced professionals on a temporary basis in order to help Minnesota companies strategically expand on a domestic or global scale, or streamline their departments with cost savings and lean initiatives.