Scope Operate and maintain various machines such as CNC lathe, mill, and routing engine machines. This position may also serve as a backup for the Lead CNC Machinist. This is a skilled position which requires previous experience and relevant certifications and/or degrees. Shift hours for CNC Lathe Machinists can vary from day to night, depending on the project and workload KPI has at any given time.
Please Note - The Job Summary, General Responsibilities, Job Qualifications, and Skills for this position may change - at any time, for any reason - as deemed necessary by the Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.). The below information is the overall scope within this position, but it is not limited to the following:
- Ability to program, operate, and trouble shoot CNC, mill, or router lathes.
- Ability to work from blueprints, drawings, and procedures.
- Capable of setting up and operating CNC machines independently.
- Ability to perform quality checks using Verniers, micrometers, ring and pin gauges, and plugs.
- Understands and properly operates FANUC controls.
- Ability to follow oral and written English instructions and basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Perform, set up, operate, and maintain manual drill, press, engine, and turret lathes and milling machine.
- Sets up, adjusts, or operates basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Measures, examines, or tests completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to KPI specifications, using precision instruments.
- Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintains machine tools as well as the coolant/oil levels are each in proper operational condition.
- Studies sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Ability to operate and maintain up to two (2) CNC lathes simultaneously.
- Diagnoses machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Confers with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Capable of lifting 45lbs.
- Ability to read and understand part programs.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment and has a commitment to continuous learning.
- Has an overall understanding of ISO standards.
- Complies with all OSHA and KPI safety rules.
- Completion of apprenticeship program and/or college/technical school training program preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience as machinist
- Mastercam Programming
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Quality Control Analysis
- Basic Mathematics
- Time Management
Established privately held manufacturer of precision machined parts of all varieties of plastic.
Distributor of plastic sheet, rod and tube.
Fast paced environment
Opportunity for advancement