Assistant Preschool Teacher
This Job Posting has Expired
We are looking for an Assistant Teacher to join our teaching team starting Fall 2023! The Assistant Teacher will support Youngset’s Lead Teachers in the Junior Class (3-4 year olds) and Senior Class (4-5 year olds), with approximately 18 children per class.
This is a part time position with Summers off, 7 days of paid time off and school holidays. The work day is 8:00 am to 1:15 pm, Monday-Friday, with some extended days scheduled for Board meetings. Youngset generally follows the Portland Public Schools calendar, with minimal summer events. The Assistant Teacher will work alongside two parent helpers and one Lead Teacher in each class.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rotate between the Junior and Senior classrooms, on a schedule set by the Lead Teachers.
- Assist the Lead Teachers in before school setup and prep.
- Assist the Lead Teachers during all preschool sessions and the Lunch Bunch period.
- Substitute for Lead Teacher when absences occur.
- Work as a cohesive teaching team with the Lead Teachers.
- Assist parent classroom volunteers.
- Attend regular staff meetings, as requested by the Lead Teachers.
To apply, please send the following via the application box below:
- Cover Letter
- Minimum two years experience working with preschool-aged children preferred.
- Completing hours toward a Bachelor's degree or higher in early childhood education, child development-family studies, early childhood special education, or elementary education with a concentration in early childhood education or equivalent is highly desirable.
ust obtain prior to teaching at Youngset:
- Criminal background check and registry in Oregon Department of Education’s Central Background Registry.
- Current First Aid and CPR for children.
- Immunizations/negative TB test result.
- RRCAN certification
- Food Handlers Permit
- Child abuse training
Additional Desirable Qualities:
- Communicates effectively with parents and other teachers.
- Energetic, flexible and possesses a sense of humor.
- Gentle, kind and caring personality.
- Strong leadership skills and confidence with children.
This part-time position offers an incredible work-life balance. This role is critical to the function of the school with an annual salary range of $23,000 to $25,000.