Full and Part time Position
Reports to Program Manager
The Behavioral Technician helps clients identify and achieve their goals and meet their needs through being the staff/client liaison in addition to acting as a safety observer for both the clients and the community. This is a highly responsible position overseeing the maintenance of the facilities, providing transportation for clients and assists clients in a supportive manner to follow program rules and seek assistance from the clinical or administrative staff to help the client achieve their goals. This position will run in 3 shifts so there is 24/7 coverage of the persons served. This position may require additional shift work in the event of an emergency or disaster.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Knowledge of standards for security, ethics, confidentiality, rules of conduct and professionalism.
● All shifts personnel must write a Shift Report in the EMR system concerning persons served, facility conditions, Meeting Minutes and any significant issues that occurred during their shift.
● Ensure Facilities have cleaning supplies, proper bedding, linens, pots/pans to include all appliances are in working order and advise Facility Director prior to the facility running out of essential supplies.
● The position requires that the Behavioral Technician will check the facility for client safety, infection control issues and report any potential health or safety issues to the Medial staff and/or Maintenance staff immediately.
● The Behavioral technician may need to clean and disinfect the house such as cleaning door handles, countertops, floors and wash bedding as needs arise and to contain and prohibit infections.
● Must have keen awareness of Confidentiality healthcare; boundaries between support staff and sensitivity to clients’ needs.
● Ensure Facilities files and documentation (ie Log book) have proper documentation- all passes, rule compliance verification sheet are signed by persons served.
● Be first contact for crisis to assess scenario and contact executive management. This includes facility emergency, client emergency.
● Handle on site random urine screen protocols.
● Must be fully aware of the Disaster Plan and ready to implement the Disaster Plan whenever necessary.
● Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Follow the agencies vision, mission and values.
● Ensure integrity of the program to include ‘contract’ and phase compliance. Being aware of the treatment status of ALL clients in their charge.
Must have proven ability to supervise others in a supportive manner
Preferably should have at least 2 years clean/sober of any mood/mind altering substances if self-reporting they are in recovery.
Must have thorough knowledge and practice of 12 Step Recovery
Must be able to perform basic cleaning and home maintenance duties
Must be able to lift 30 lbs, navigate stairs and utilize basic home maintenance tools and equipment