Our Mission at Fogo de Chão is to provide an extraordinary dining experience by delivering exceptional food and service to our Guests. All Team Members are accountable to display Teamwork, Integrity, and Excellence in all aspects of their employment, create an extraordinary experience for our guests, and uphold our Brand Pillars.
The Catering Specialist is responsible for coordinating catering, including pickup and delivery orders and will facilitate activities to enhance the Guest experience with all catering events, convey the gratitude of the organization to the catering guest for their patronage, and preserve/share the festive, hospitable, and gracious spirit of Southern Brazilian traditions.
Specific Job Prerequisites:
• Must be pleasant in dealing with guests and team members, with ability to perform in demanding situations
• Must be physically capable of performing basic duties
• Must be able to endure prolonged walking and standing
• Must have 2 years of experience in a Restaurant/Retail/Hospitality Customer Service position
• Must be knowledgeable of Fogo’s menu and mission
• Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to physically drive a vehicle
• Must have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
• Must have the ability to use personal vehicle for deliveries and offsite events
Catering Specialist Responsibilities:
• Guide Guests through catering menu, offerings, and pricing. Lead and assist with the planning of their menu and order. Identify and facilitate delivery special requests.
• Coordinate order details with restaurant team. Lead service and schedule all catering pickups and deliveries.
• Prior to event date, confirm all details of each catering order with the Guest to ensure proper execution; menu, specific pick-up or delivery time, delivery type, packaging needs, special requests, and delivery special instructions.
• Execute all catering orders and deliveries with the highest standard of organization and accuracy.
• Provide a hospitable experience throughout the catering/delivery process.
• Train Assistant Catering Specialist on Fogo service standards.
• Be prepared to respond to and resolve guests’ concerns and questions in a direct concise way.
• Anticipate and prevent potential service or product breakdowns.
• Escalate guest and team questions, concerns, issues directly to management immediately.
• Be knowledgeable of all catering menu items, their contents and preparation methods.
• Follow up on all catering inquiries/leads to secure future business.
• Stay informed about all company marketing and promotional activities.
• Coordinate and attend local events as requested.
• Attend business and networking events as requested, with the sole purpose of growing Catering Brand awareness.
• Be attentive to any object, condition or substance that might cause injury to a guest or fellow team member.
• Adhere to all Fogo safety rules and guidelines.
• Perform all reasonable tasks assigned by management.