Come join our innovative, fast-moving, and friendly team! We are seeking an Android Developer who will be the primary developer for our two Android native applications. Our apps focus on traffic and travel data, informing the members of the public about road conditions and incidents in their area.
We offer a positive and flexible work environment, a meaningful & widely-used product, opportunity for growth, a beautiful office space, competitive salary, and almost-unheard-of benefits including 100% employer-paid health/vision/dental for yourself and dependents and a 401(k) match up to 6% of your salary. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities.
The types of work you'll help us with include:
- Design, write, and maintain native Android products, and manage their submission to the Google Play store.
- Research and recommend innovative ideas for development approaches and practices.
- Contribute to development team internal troubleshooting, code reviews, and system architecture planning.
- Perform QA testing
- 3+ years’ experience developing native Android apps.
- At least one mobile app published to the Google Play store
- A BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise with object-oriented programming, and asynchronous design patterns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with Java web application frameworks.
- Knowledge of distributed system architecture and best practices.
- Familiarity with browser-based "single page applications".
- Native Android platforms: 4.4 and later, with compatibility libraries
- Google Maps/Google Play Services
- In-house HTTP REST services
- Realm mobile database
- Android Studio
Submit a cover letter and resume, links to your apps on Google Play, and tell us a little about yourself! Please highlight any mobile development work you'd like to show off.Company Description
Castle Rock was established to solve transportation problems through the creative application of emerging technologies. We have a range of always-evolving products that help our customers create, capture, share, and spread transportation-related knowledge.