Job Title: Estimator
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA
Crofton Industries is a full-service Marine Construction and Commercial Diving Contractor that has been in business since 1949. We are seeking an experienced Estimator in Marine Construction. Candidate must be reliable, knowledgeable, and highly motivated to join our team in our Portsmouth, Virginia office.
As a Marine Construction Estimator at Crofton Industries, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects related to both heavy civil and marine construction in the Hampton Roads Area. Crofton offers a place where you can put your expertise, experience, and business skills into substantial and satisfying projects and work alongside other talented and motivated people. This is a company where you can apply your skills to challenging assignments, in a supportive work environment, which promotes personal and professional growth. It's a place that values our people and our clients, equally.
- Experienced in Marine, Underwater, and Diving Construction with a minimum of 5 years field experience and 5 years of direct Marine Construction Estimating, directly related to both heavy civil and marine construction projects.
- Proven success of winning projects up to $30 million
- Ability to pass a background investigation, obtain access to federal, state, and local facilities
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation
Familiarity of the Following Software/Programs in a Plus
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook)
- Will help develop the preliminary construction cost estimate from planning documents; monitor and reconcile the cost estimate as the design progresses.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Participate in pre-award engineering and constructability review discussions.
- Estimating change orders, developing budgets, and reviewing invoices.
- Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates, and fees.
- Review labor productivity to ensure that the labor hours are in conformance with working restrictions, overtime is appropriate, etc.
- Review the material pricing and validate against other pricing references.
- Review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references.
- Review contractor markups to ensure that the correct markups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded.
- Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions, and actively assist the project team.
- Visit project to understand site conditions/restrictions.
- May assume other duties, as required/needed.
- May work overtime, as required/needed.
Crofton offers a comprehensive benefits package paid vacation, sick and personal time, health, vision, dental plans, 401 (k), financial wellness, and employee assistance program.Company Description
Crofton Industries began as a commercial diving company in 1949. For over 65 years, the company has continued to grow and evolve by expanding its capabilities to better accommodate customer needs and offer competitive advantage. Today, Crofton offers comprehensive solutions in the commercial and industrial market segments, with a history of service focused in the maritime industry. Our people are our biggest asset, at every level. Each service division accommodates customers’ needs independently and when advantageous, multiple divisions collaborate with one another to transfer the economic benefits of in-house resources to customers. Crofton is a diversified contracting firm offering, marine construction, commercial diving services, crane and rigging services, and equipment rentals.
Full time team members at Crofton have access to a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
-Short Term Disability Insurance
-Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
-Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation
-FinFit Financial Wellness Program
-Employee Assistance Program
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
Crofton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Affirmative Action (AA) Employer Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Crofton is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.