Crofton industries, a full-service marine construction and commercial diving contractor, that has been in business since 1949, is currently seeking an experienced Safety Director with a background in marine construction. Candidate must be reliable, knowledgeable, and highly motivated to join our team in our Portsmouth, VA office.
As Safety Director at Crofton Industries, you will be responsible for the overall development of the safety Department, administration and enforcement of all safety regulations as well as training employees. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects related to both heavy civil and marine construction in the Hampton Roads area. Crofton offers a place where you can put your expertise and experience into substantial and satisfying projects and work alongside other talented and motivated People. This is a company where you can apply your skills to challenging assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth. It's a place that values our people and our clients equally.
- Management of safety Department activities and personnel
- Inspect job sites for appropriate safety measures
- Develop reports outlining safety infractions on jobs and submit to appropriate personnel
- Manage workers compensation claims and cases
- Maintain awareness of changes in safety regulations and communicate changes to appropriate personnel to ensure company remains in compliance
- Maintain quality assurance and quality control items
- Track safety certifications for employees
- Provide safety training including but not limited to , CPR/FA, OSHA Maritime, OSHA 10, OSHA 30, etc.
- Write job specific dive plans
- Maintain company safety manual
- Ensure job sites are adhering to OSHA regulations as well as Crofton policy and written corporate safety mandates
- Maintain confined space gas monitors
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or similar discipline
5-7 years safety experience in the construction field preferably in marine construction
Ability to interpret OSHA regulations as they pertain to specific jobs
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to prioritize
Familiarity with OSHA Construction and Maritime standards
Proficient with Microsoft Office Package
Crofton offers a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation, sick and personal time, health, vision dental plans, 401k, financial wellness and employee assistance programs.Company Description
Crofton Industries began as a commercial diving company in 1949. For over 65 years, the company has continued to grow and evolve by expanding its capabilities to better accommodate customer needs and offer competitive advantage. Today, Crofton offers comprehensive solutions in the commercial and industrial market segments, with a history of service focused in the maritime industry. Our people are our biggest asset, at every level. Each service division accommodates customers’ needs independently and when advantageous, multiple divisions collaborate with one another to transfer the economic benefits of in-house resources to customers. Crofton is a diversified contracting firm offering, marine construction, commercial diving services, crane and rigging services, and equipment rentals.
Full time team members at Crofton have access to a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
-Short Term Disability Insurance
-Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
-Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation
-FinFit Financial Wellness Program
-Employee Assistance Program
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
Crofton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Affirmative Action (AA) Employer Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Crofton is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.