Operate lift equipment, land, and barge, to lift and place materials, equipment, or other large objects in accordance with job specifications. Perform pre-operational inspections of equipment as well as maintaining lift equipment. Our main location is located in Portsmouth, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect Crane daily
- Lift, Position, and place equipment, materials, or other large objects at assigned sites.
- Repair crane as needed
- Maintain crane as required
- Drive trucks/cranes to and from job sites and other assigned areas.
- Operate crane in a safe and efficient manner
- Calculate load capacity utilizing crane specifications
- Understanding of crane/rigger signals
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read a crane load chart
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience operating a crane in a construction environment
- Ability to acquire TWIC Card
- Ability to obtain badges and security clearance to obtain access to various shipyards and installations
- CDL license (preferred)
- Ability to obtain NCCCO qualification
Desired but not required:
- 2-5 years experience as a crane operator preferably in a marine construction environment
- NCCCO qualification
Crofton Industries began as a commercial diving company in 1949. For over 65 years, the company has continued to grow and evolve by expanding its capabilities to better accommodate customer needs and offer competitive advantage. Today, Crofton offers comprehensive solutions in the commercial and industrial market segments, with a history of service focused in the maritime industry. Our people are our biggest asset, at every level. Each service division accommodates customers’ needs independently and when advantageous, multiple divisions collaborate with one another to transfer the economic benefits of in-house resources to customers. Crofton is a diversified contracting firm offering, marine construction, commercial diving services, crane and rigging services, and equipment rentals.
Full time team members at Crofton have access to a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
-Short Term Disability Insurance
-Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
-Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation
-FinFit Financial Wellness Program
-Employee Assistance Program
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
Crofton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Affirmative Action (AA) Employer Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Crofton is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.