Crofton Industries, a full-service Marine Construction and Commercial Diving Contractor in business since 1949, is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join its team. In this role, the candidate would be responsible for maintaining and repairing company equipment from cranes (lattice boom and hydraulic), winches, compressors, large pumps, boats and auxiliary equipment to include onsite repairs as well as in the shop repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Complete understanding of all aspects of heavy equipment repairs and rebuild process.
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical problems.
· Repairs of lattice boom and hydraulic cranes to include mobilization and de-mobilization
· Perform related mechanic duties as assigned.
· Maintain and submit maintenance records of all repairs.
· Follow all company and work site safety policies and procedures.
· Minimum of five years of experience as heavy equipment mechanic
· Must have own tools
· Ability to pass background check for shipyards
· TWIC Card
· Valid driver’s license
Crofton offers a comprehensive benefits package paid vacation, sick and personal time, health, vision, dental plans, 401 (k), financial wellness, and employee assistance program.Company Description
Crofton Industries began as a commercial diving company in 1949. For over 65 years, the company has continued to grow and evolve by expanding its capabilities to better accommodate customer needs and offer competitive advantage. Today, Crofton offers comprehensive solutions in the commercial and industrial market segments, with a history of service focused in the maritime industry. Our people are our biggest asset, at every level. Each service division accommodates customers’ needs independently and when advantageous, multiple divisions collaborate with one another to transfer the economic benefits of in-house resources to customers. Crofton is a diversified contracting firm offering, marine construction, commercial diving services, crane and rigging services, and equipment rentals.
Full time team members at Crofton have access to a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
-Short Term Disability Insurance
-Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
-Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation
-FinFit Financial Wellness Program
-Employee Assistance Program
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
Crofton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Affirmative Action (AA) Employer Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Crofton is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.