Our client, a nationwide steel manufacturer, has an immediate need for an experienced CNC Machinist to join their growing team in Pulaski.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for operating computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces, or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Lift workpieces to machines manually, or with hoists or cranes.
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and the size and position of cuts.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
Please apply today to be one of the first candidates considered for the role!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!