Job Description & How to Apply Below
Carlisle Construction Materials has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator who will operate or tend machines designed to cut expanded polystyrene blocks according to exacting standards of work order.
Shifts & Pay Rate
What else do you get?
Time off – Hard work should be rewarded. You will receive paid vacation and a generous number of paid holidays.
Healthcare – We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund – Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We’ll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training – We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement – We invest in your growth, while you invest in ours. Ready to get the degree? We’ll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams – You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.
Unlimited Coffee – Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
- Receives and reads work order.
- Calculates the number of blocks required for work order.
- Communicate number of blocks required for work order to material handler.
- Adjusts cutting wires to correct dimensions using hand tools.
- Lock out energy source and then remove the lock out device when job is completed.
- Starts cutting machine and adjusts the line speed.
- Positions block on slabber and feeds block into cutting machine, cutting foam according to correct dimensions and square-ness per work order.
- Continuously observes and examines cutting machine in operation to ensure conformance to customers’ specifications.
- Stacks, sorts, and bundles cut material according to bill of lading instructions.
- Records data concerning amount and type of block used from duties performed.
“People who think like you do and people who don’t make up the best teams.”
- Ability to follow instructions and read production orders.
- Experience with computers including various manufacturing programs.
- Ability to use measuring gauges like tape measures.
- Prior experience operating a forklift.
- Able to work fast and efficient and willing to work long hours during busy season.
- Understanding of basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
This position uses the following equipment in the course of the job duties: slabber, down cutter, tape measure, wrap machine, calculator, radio, and computer.
This position conducts their work in a manufacturing environment with some exposure to the outdoors; there is exposure to loud machinery, fumes, odors, and dust. Business is cyclical and will require flexibility in shift hours and days of the week worked. Typically, will work 12 hour shifts with rotating 3- or 4-day weeks or Monday – Friday although some overtime may be needed during high sales volumes.
For this position, you must be able to lift to 50 pounds. There is a repetitive use of hands needed with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds. In addition, this position requires the following abilities listed with percentages:
Standing – 45%
Lifting – 14%
Reaching above shoulders– 10%
Bending and Twisting – 2.5%
Driving – 1%
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used
While working on the production floor, eye and hearing protection is always needed. Other forms of PPE may be needed as defined by management.
Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM) is a global leader in the building materials industry. We have been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by 70%.
When you join CCM, you will become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We believe we have something special here, and our employees seem to agree.
“We raise the roof of expectations here at CCM, come home to quality.”
Position RequirementsLess than 1 Year work experience
Search for further Jobs Here: