Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Safety Officer under general direction, provides on-site technical support for implementation and administration of a project safety program.
· Conducts audits and inspection of work areas, machinery, equipment, and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
· Reports incidents of non-compliance to codes and standards, and may recommend corrective actions. Follows up to confirm implementation of corrective actions.
· Ensures the availability, readiness, and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety and fire prevention equipment, protective clothing and devices, and first aid supplies.
· Maintains records of safety audits and inspections, as well as required follow up actions.
· Maintains inventory of first aid, safety, and fire equipment.
· Conduct new hire safety orientations, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
· Diploma in Safety Engineering with minimum 7 years experiences as Safety Officer in major roads and highways project.
· Good leadership skills to coordinate safety activities.
· Capable of developing site action plans.
· Good communication skills that enable to conduct effective safety trainings.
· Candidate whose experience has been predominantly with private consultancy firms is highly preferred.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,