ASSET (IDD EL-SHARGI)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Senior Reservoir Modelling Engineer works closely with the Reservoir Management Team providing simulation support to all projects. In addition, the position is accountable for insuring that high quality and timely reservoir engineering work is provided to QP's business. Reservoir-engineering work is expected to be value-oriented and in alignment with QP's business plan bringing forth reservoir performance evaluation, and identification of near and long-term reserve and production improvement opportunities. The position is expected to work closely with production geology, geophysics, operations team, drilling team, and development team.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
Experience & Skills
• A minimum of 15 years direct experience in general Petroleum Engineering related work required.
• A minimum of 2 years direct experience in general Petroleum Engineering related work required.
• A minimum of 3 years of "hands on" experience in reservoir engineering.
• A minimum of 3 years of "hands on" experience in reservoir modelling.
• Experience in pressure transient analysis, horizontal well technology, reservoir surveillance, and water flooding strongly preferred.
• Expert knowledge of reservoir modelling and reservoir fluid properties
• Working knowledge of economic evaluation concepts, petrophysical analysis, core description, preferred.
• Experience in completions, workovers, drilling and offshore field operations considered a plus.
• A team player capable of working in a multi-discipline environment with a desire to share knowledge.
• Experience with Eclipse, OFM, and Kappa or similar software packages
• International experience preferred.
• Self-starter with a strong desire to deliver superior results.
• Ability to think "out of the box" and question the status quo.
• Strong leadership, people and communication skills with the ability to work with multi-national workforce required.
• Multi-tasking capabilities, willing to take on work and responsibility outside of classical Reservoir Engineering roles required.
• Strong Reservoir Engineering technical understanding and focus coupled with strong business skills required.
• Experience in asset teams participation preferred.
• Desire to objectively evaluate and incorporate as necessary, new technology to the reservoir description/asset management effort. Contacts
• Required skills include the ability to interact with geology, geophysics and petrophysics to develop a sound history-matched model to be used for forecasting.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,