Work N’ Gear is searching for a strong individual to join the finance team and support Accounts Payable functions. The Payable Clerk (AP) is responsible for providing financial and clerical services reports to the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Supervisor in order to ensure effective and accurate financial operations. This position involves interactions with customers, vendors and internal personnel across the company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Performs the day-to-day processing of financial transactions to ensure that Work N’ Gear’s finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
· Enters 200-300 invoices per week into the accounting system.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
· Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments, or adjustments.
· Researches and resolves any outstanding balances in AP, including telephone, mail, or email communications with vendors and customers.
· Maintains vendor information.
· Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
· Prints and files incoming vendor invoices.
· Matches vendor invoices to outgoing checks.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative
Able to meet deadlines
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
Proficient with MS Word and Excel
Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains a plus.Company Description
Work'N Gear is the largest U. S. retailer of workwear apparel. We are dedicated to providing our customers with comfortable, durable, and fashionable professional-grade workwear and work footwear designed and manufactured for use in the most demanding service, security, industrial, and healthcare environments. Our expert buyers hand pick styles based on knowledge of what it takes to work on a job site, safeguard a community, build a business, and more. To that end, Work'N Gear and its subsidiary, Scrubology, selectively partner with manufacturers that share our commitment to high quality workmanship and technological innovation. Our allies include Carhartt, Dickies, Timberland, Chippewa, 5.11 Tactical series, WonderWink, Barco, Cherokee, and other fine brands.
We're also proud to provide the convenience of over 100 retail locations from San Francisco to Boston, as well as an online catalog and comprehensive business-to-business services.