We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/our-company.php
This employee will be responsible for selling Pricing & Purchasing services to new prospects. We are looking for a results-driven, new business oriented sales professional to actively seek out and engage procurement and sourcing prospects within the Fortune 1000. For more than 40 years, IHS Markit’s Pricing & Purchasing solutions have equipped the purchasing community with information, expertise and analytics on the world's commodity markets and the key factors that drive them. Our award-winning forecasts are used by our 1,000+ clients to make better purchasing decisions, negotiate better pricing, understand supplier costs and benchmark performance.
As part of our team, you will have responsibility for driving new business sales through prospecting and networking. Success in this role involves partnering with colleagues in Marketing, Product Management, Research & Analysis and Sales Operations to effectively support and strengthen your own sales initiatives. We’re looking for a Sales professional who can:
- Meet or exceed monthly new business goals
- Prioritize and organize sales and administrative tasks to ensure expected outcomes are achieved on schedule
- Drive new customer leads through cold calling and coordinated campaign outreach
- Employ a solution-based sales methodology to best align Pricing & Purchasing’s capabilities with prospect needs
- Provide timely and accurate insight to their pipeline leading to accurate forecasts
- Represent and promote the company to senior executives both internally and externally
- Develop a strong understanding of the value proposition for Pricing & Purchasing as it relates to their end market
- Minimum of 8 years of sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to audience needs
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Experience selling information services (research, data, consulting)
- Understanding of working with large, multi-national companies with complex supply chains would be preferable
- Willingness to travel up to 40% in order to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy