Staff Accountant (REDONDO BEACH, CA)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller in providing financial oversight of the properties under management. The successful candidate for this position will have experience with multi-family property management accounting and a thorough working knowledge of Yardi Voyager 7.0. This experience should include maintaining and understanding all aspects of the financial statements, maintaining the general ledger, performing bank statement reconciliations, and reviewing the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement for accuracy. Experience with month-end close duties including a review/posting of accruals will be helpful.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in month-end closing duties
- Preparation of monthly financial packages
- Monitoring of cash flow for each property
- Preparing monthly site billings for management fees
- Setting up tenant ledgers and vendors
- Maintaining CAM spreadsheets
- Read and understand the partnership agreement, the property management agreement and any loan documents related to assigned properties.
- Processing AP/AR including reviewing accounts payable batches for proper coding and approvals, propriety of payments, supporting documents, etc. Post reviewed and approved Accounts Payable (AP) batches.
- Prepare wire transfers and/or check requests as needed.
- Prepare year-end audit packages as required.
A Bachelors college degree in accounting with 2 or more years of HUD property management accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE W/ YARDI VOYAGER 7.0 IS A MUST
Knowledge of general real estate accounting practices.
Proficient with Microsoft Word processing and Excel Spreadsheets
***If you are interested in the opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)***
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE PASTE YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME INTO THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS OTHER THAN A PDF!