Requisition Number 155392
Redwood City, CA US
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Head of Product Management
Are you interested in defining the foundations for great software products? EA is looking for a talented, analytical, strategic, execution and impact driven product leader. As Head of Game Product Management, you will drive and deliver on creating the overall vision and strategy for our Game PM organization, and grow the live service revenue across our portfolio of games.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of identifying customer needs, gathering requirements from stakeholders, building business cases, growing game monetization and engagement, evangelizing a product vision, working in a matrix organization and, most importantly, delivering a delightful customer experience.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Define the overall product management vision for our central PM organization and across mobile, PC and HD game teams.
- Partner effectively with game team leadership and creative leaders to ensure products are designed to sustain as a business over the course of years.
- Manage and lead a high performing central PM team that is positioned for deep organizational effectiveness.
- Influence the growth of the PM capability across EA Studios while increasing the visibility and impact of the discipline.
- Develop strong partnerships across EA central teams (analytics, central tech, marketing, publishing, etc.) and align on business objectives.
- Develop frameworks for best in class economy design in collaboration with game teams, taking into account gameplay, player motivations, genre, platform and business models.
- Advocate for goal oriented/KPI driven feature design in development and throughout live service. Build an approach for measuring outcomes for every release across studios.
- Build a culture of scientific rigor where data informed decision making is embraced by studio leadership.
- Drive strategic conversations with central teams on technologies impacting studios, champion best in class studio live service tools and tech needs.
- Translate deep understanding of competitive landscape into clear product recommendations.
- Partner with UED/UX/Design team to ensure that PM priorities are woven into delightful customer experiences.
- 12 + years product management experience, with focus on developing and servicing AAA games leveraging free to play mechanics
- Detail-oriented with experience developing use cases, scenarios, business requirements and product roadmaps
- Experience running economies for several titles over multiple years in live service. Develops framework for economy design taking into account gameplay, genre, platform and business model.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirement
- Working experience inside larger matrixed companies
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage a program "by the numbers" - must be metrics-driven
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations a highly dynamic environment.
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Self-Starter who is able to identify and solve problems
- Experience working with multiple teams across multiple locations
- BA/BS required; master’s degree preferred.
- Passion for gaming a big plus!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: Redwood City
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.