Family Transitions, Inc. is looking for qualified, compassionate Intensive In-Home Counselors/Mental Health Skill Building Counselors to fill positions in Richmond, Petersburg and surrounding areas.
Intensive In-Home Counselors/Adult Mental Health Skill Building Counselors (Full-Time and/or Part Time)
Qualified candidates must actively supervision youth and provide crisis intervention. Counselors are responsible for completing daily progress notes, providing individual counseling sessions and providing case management services.
MUST have a BACHELOR’S Degree in a human services or related field (Criminal Justice Degree does not qualify) and ONE year of successful work experience with children/adolescents in the field of social work, special education, counseling, or other allied discipline or mental health. Incumbent must be a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
Clean driving record and background check required. Please email your resume.
Intensive In-Home Services Counselor
The In-Home Counselor provides direct services to include: treatment plan development and implementation with children and families and counseling and parent skill training, through the use of proper therapeutic interventions. The In Home Counselor works independently in client’s home and other community settings, utilizing creative clinical interventions based on best practice models and learned counseling techniques to work effectively with children and families.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Develop individualized service plans
· Performs on-going assessment of client needs
· Implements, evaluates, and modifies service plans for all assigned caseload.
· Performs individual, family, group counseling, and crisis intervention for In-Home clients.
· Provides parent education training
· Formulates and coordinates discharge and aftercare planning
· Attends all requires clinical meetings and attends all assigned individual and group supervision
· Maintains weekly contact with referring agencies and workers as needed
· Attends external meetings such as court, FAPT as needed for caseload
· When required, provides case coverage for counselors on the team.
· Participates in regular professional development in accordance with discipline and level of skill.
· Available for twenty-four (24) hour crisis intervention and family support
· Responsible for the proper and timely documentation of all information required by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services and Family Transitions, Inc.
· Actively coordinates case management, discharge, and aftercare planning and referral agencies.
· Assumes on-call responsibility as necessary
· Completes all other work-related tasks assigned by supervisors.
· Responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisors.
The In Home Counselor must be able to be credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional which requires: Possession of a Master’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved college or university in a Human Services field, a minimum of one year of verified direct work experience, acquired working with at-risk children/adolescents and families in a therapeutic treatment environment or a Bachelor’s Degree in an unrelated field with at least 3 years of experience working with at-risk children/adolescents and families in a therapeutic treatment environment and 15 semester credits in the Human Services field courses.Company Description
Family Transitions, Inc. is a behavioral health organization providing a wide range of mental health services in the Central Virginia area. Founded in 2003, Family Transitions, Inc began as a small agency providing only intensive in-home services and has now grown into an organization that prides itself on serving hundreds of individuals a year.
Family Transitions, Inc. extensive expertise is applied to the challenge of ensuring high quality and cost effective services. We strive to provide individuals and their families with the services and resources needed to live healthy, fulfilled lives within their families and communities. Our structured community-based programs enhance the lives of both our clients and the community.