Role: Communications Technician
Location: UC Riverside - Riverside, Ca.
Compensation ($21/hr) + Medical, Dental, and Vision
Employment: Contract (Length 3-6 months)
- • Pull data and voice infrastructure as needed.
- • Install cable tray and supports correctly.
- • Rough in various types of cable above ceiling or raised floor.
- • Dress cables in pathways and work areas.
- • Dress cable down a wall and/ or thru modular furniture.
- • Install cut outs, install faceplates, and terminate jacks.
- • Assemble racks and or cabinets.
- • Terminate CAT5, CAT5E, CAT6, RG6, RG11, RJ45 jacks. Mount faceplates and surface mount boxes correctly. Adhere to labeling standards.
- • Terminate Cat-5e and Cat-6 568B patch panels and connecting blocks.
Voice Key Responsibilities:
- • Install, terminate, troubleshoot issues with 110 & 66 Blocks, jacks, and cross-connects.
- • Cable testing. Runs and operates both ends of the cable tester.
- • The clean installation of faceplates and modular furniture plates.
- • Work with inside cable plant (feeders, risers, horizontal runs) - both labeled and unlabeled.
- • Demonstrate knowledge of the communications wiring color code.
Bay Systems is a Aerospace & Defense Federal contractor in San Francisco Bay area with an expanding client portfolio, including Dept. of defense, Dept. of Energy, NASA etc Currently, we represent one of the fastest growing enterprises in the Applied Sciences and information technology field.