Survival Systems International is seeking a fiberglass/composite production technician that has a passion for excellence and craftsmanship to create parts within specified time lines and assist in all manufacturing processes.
Under limited supervision and in support of manufacturing: maintains, sets up, and operates composite/fiberglass process equipment and other shop equipment & tools to make original production parts and tools. Monitors & maintains tooling, fixtures, and devices for production parts and concept prototypes.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Set up, operate and adjust chopped glass spray equipment to form laminated structural plastic parts, assemblies, or sub-assemblies by spraying chopped glass, and resins on forms, cores, patterns, mandrels, etc. to various thicknesses and configurations.
2. Apply woven roving to chopped glass surface. Fit and cut roving to shape. Continue to apply chopped glass or resin to specified thickness. Roll sprayed chopped glass to remove air pockets and to insure that super-imposed layers form a dense, homogenous solid.
3. May be required to rework or repair laminated parts or assemblies by patching and trimming improperly formed sections.
4. Fit and bond laminated structural plastic parts to established locations.
5. Mix and blend materials to be sprayed following established methods and formulas.
6. Fabricate test panels for Quality Control approval. Such qualification test shall consist of laying up a test coupon of fiberglass reinforced plastic 1/8” thick. The test coupon must meet specification for resin content, tensile properties, air entrapment, and thickness. Parts must weigh within five percent of the prototype parts.
7. Must be capable of working from sketches and work orders.
8. Prepare molds and/or tools by cleaning and waxing mold surfaces. Cut cloth and mat to pattern.
- High School or GED
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility and creativity a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- AS9100C experience.
- ·A diverse background in manufacturing, R&D, and Quality Management Systems, and be able to identify potential design or manufacturing problems.
- Possess a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and must be reliable and efficient.
Survival Systems International is a lifeboat capsule and aerostructures company headquartered in the USA with service facilities located worldwide. SSI has been manufacturing and producing lifeboat capsules and aerostructures for over 50 years . EOE