- Segregation and lab packing of chemicals or waste in accordance with company guidelines, EPA, DOT regulations, and disposal site protocols;
- Pour off/ consolidation of Flammable, Combustible, Corrosive, and Toxic materials;
- Hazardous waste pickup at customer locations;
- Environmental sampling, (ex. Water sampling, drums, chemical and biological)
- Operating various types of monitoring devices such as, PIDs, Ox and LEL monitors, Mercury vapor analyzer and others;
- Site visits to conduct chemical inventories, and providing information relating to the job;
- Assisting with the identification of unknown materials utilizing the HazCat Kit,
- Completing paperwork related to the various job assignments (i.e., field reports, lab pack sheets, profiles, manifests, land ban forms, chain of custody and vehicle inspection sheets;
- Deliveries and pickups of drums or various job related supplies;
- Loading trucks for the next day?s operations, and restocking used PPE, kits and equipment;
- Perform varying levels of service at customer sites;
- Decontamination of laboratories, and facilities;
- Packaging and relocation of chemicals to and from customer sites;
- Underground and above ground storage tank removal, sampling, cleaning and disposal;
- Confined space entry and work;
- Cleaning and waxing of company vehicles;
- Inventory and control and cleaning of storage areas and vehicles;
- Responding to emergency incidents involving hazardous materials and performing risk analysis to determine the boundaries/ zones, proper personal protective equipment, mitigation, clean up and packaging per protocols
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience dealing with hazardous waste strongly preferred
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations Emergency Response HAZWOPER as specified in 29 CFR 1910.120 trained individuals with knowledge in chemistry, hazardous waste and hazardous materials packing, labeling, disposal and transportation;
- Knowledge of DOT/EPA/OSHA/RCRA regulations a requirement;
- Mechanically inclined and can maintain lab equipment;
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week; be on call 24 hours/7 days a week for emergency spill response;
- Must be able to handle & move drums of at least 250/450 pounds ( 5 gal, 15 gal, 30 gal, and 55 gal); stand for 8 hours per day; operate tools and equipment safely;
- Proficiency in English written and reading required.
- Shall be experienced in driving box trucks;
- Shall maintain a professional image.
- Successful candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing, a background check and DOT/medial physical before hire.
Since 1987, Synerfac serves its clients, candidates and staff. We match great companies with the great talent they need!