Seeking: Not your average bean counter!
Job Title: Tax Manager/Tax Practitioner
Are you tired of working 70+ hours on the Partnership track? Does the demand of having 55 billable hours a week seem like a daunting task? Does tax season force you to miss out on your personal life 4-6 months of the year? Do you feel guilty missing significant events in your kid’s lives because of tax season? Our goal is to make April 15 just another day on the calendar for you and your clients.
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is seeking a Tax Manager/Tax Practitioner for its fun, ever-growing tax practice. What’s special about our firm? With offices in Dallas and Rockwall, our employees work in a casual, small firm setting and are enthusiastic about coming to work. Lifetime Tax Advisors is focused on real estate professionals and small businesses and is well known within the DFW investor community. Small business clients are medical, service or professional companies, mom and pop businesses with gross sales ranging 1mm to 30mm, along with individual tax returns. Our real estate focused clients are invested in single family, multi-family, house flippers, hotels, commercial property, development, and other types of real estate businesses including real estate financing activities. The firm’s main office is shared with Lifetime’s other companies: Insurance, Wealth Management, and Legal Services.
Tax Manager/Tax Practitioner Benefits
- Fun and collaborative environment
- Competitive pay
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Annual Bonus Potential
- 25 days PTO
- Flexible work schedule in non-peak season
- Christmas Party
- Much more…..
Tax Manager/Tax Practitioner Job Description
- Prepare/Review tax returns (1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 990-T, state and local tax returns)
- Prepare and review higher level complex Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership, Individual, and Trust tax returns
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies
- Research specific technical issues, resolve complex tax issues and generate creative ideas
- Assist clients with sales and use tax calculations and report preparation
- Manage client relationships, meet deadlines and serve as a business advisor to clients
- Supervise & direct staff
- Represent businesses and individuals before the IRS and states on tax examinations
- Identify additional client service opportunities including the development of new client services
- Participate in some networking and business development opportunities
Tax Manager/Tax Practitioner Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in public accounting
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting or Taxation
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Strong experience with Corporate, Partnership and Estate taxation
- Navigate QuickBooks, General Ledgers, & Trial Balances
- Superior technical and interpersonal skills
- Excel at creative problem solving
- Strong management and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Identify issues and quickly identify potential solutions
- Desire to learn and teach others
Tax Manager/Tax Practitioner Preferred Skills
- 10+ years of tax experience in public accounting
- Previous experience as a Real Estate Investor
- QuickBooks Certification
- Strong experience in IRS audit representation
- Experience in supervising bookkeeping and payroll
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).comCompany Description
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is a tax advisory firm offering tax and consulting services to high income/high net worth individuals and small to medium sized businesses. To assist us as we grow through acquisitions and strategic marketing efforts, we are seeking a qualified tax partner/manager to join our team.
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity and knowledge of our team members and maintain a positive and relaxed working environment. Eligible employees may participate in our 401k plan. Salary and incentives based on experience and expertise.
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. will continue to grow through additional acquisitions of local tax firms providing team members with opportunities to advance professionally. Please for more information about our firm.