Process incoming and outgoing shipments and provide support to manufacturing department.
- Identify, locate, and prepares items for shipment per sales order or other applicable instructions to both domestic and international locations.
- Responsible for ensuring that outgoing shipments are adequately packaged, preserved, and meet quality requirements.
- Performs a wide variety of standard and specialized shipping, including special documentation and custom packing, handling, and shipping procedures to comply with a wide variety of regulatory and customer requirements.
- Perform online transactions using shipping software, and carrier and regulatory portals.
- Process necessary paperwork and affix appropriate labels to packages.
- Required to construct custom shipping crates.
- Receives, unpacks, inspects, and processes incoming materials and supplies per receiving procedures and routing or other special instructions.
- Compares quantity, part number, and order number of items received to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Follow process related to non-conformances.
- Routes items to appropriate department or location.
- Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal customers.
- Helps to identify, record, investigate, and correct any discrepancies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
- Possesses the ability to work with individuals, groups, and other organizations to carry out goals of the organization.
- Required to operate fork truck and other equipment to transport material to and from designated locations.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed.
- Provide support for the manufacturing department, such as moving raw materials and or finished goods.
Education and Experience Required
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years shipping receiving experience.
- Experience in a customer service environment is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Proficiency in the latest carrier software and other shipping related portals (such as UPS Worldship and FedEx.)
- Computer basics.
- Good verbal and written communication required.
Hayn Enterprises, LLC is a manufacturer of stainless steel hardware used in both marine and architectural applications.
Hayn is headquartered in Rocky Hill, Connecticut and employs a unique team of highly specialized staff. Our team thrives on undertaking challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers focusing on customer service and producing the highest quality products available.
Hayn is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: