Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Warehouse Utility Associate receives, stores, and distributes material and products within the distribution center.
2nd shift 4PM-12AM Sunday-Thursday
$16.75/hr with 1.00 an hour working in cooler/freezer.
This will be in a cooler/freezer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 1 year warehouse (Preferred)
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Night shift
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Available after 30 days
- Customer pickup prep work – UPS freight routes, Town Talk, Baby Gourmet
- Follows a checklist for each type of pickup
- Loads prepped orders when they arrive
- Maintain and service aisle 10
- Work lost and damaged cases that are staged for processing
- Gather and process lost and damaged cases as they are found
- Service C zone aisles
- Sort Pallets
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, and/or requisition to determine items to be moved or distributed
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Receive, record, stock, put away, and rotate product. Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Fill work orders, or request for materials or product, and distribute items for customer processing
- Use computer and/or Radio Frequency Unit to record and track product
- Compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications, prepare parcels for mailing, and maintain inventory records
- Other duties and special projects as requested
- Must maintain good attendance
- Maintain safe work practices
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere, including receiving, pulling orders, packing and shipping preferred.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Ability to communicate well with internal customers and management.
- Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
- Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.) preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is required to sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to cooler and freezer temperatures. The associate is also subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.