PBC Linear has 180,000 sq feet of climate controlled manufacturing space.
With over 60 CNC mills and lathes including a 72 pallet FMS we have the machines for you to set up and run.
Our manufacturing floor is led and run by highly skilled operators who earned the positions through there intelligence, hard work, dedication and performance. You will not be working for an empty suit who doesn't know drill and a milling cutter! We asked them what they needed and they replied: "Remove the obstacles that prevent our people from doing a great job!" So that's what management does at PBC.
CNC Operator/Machinist Job Purpose: Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Operator/Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, JudgmentCompany Description
PBC Linear, A Pacific Bearing Company, is the global leader in linear motion technology. We are a local manufacturer dedicated to our associates and our community. Increased production of our new and current products has opened the door for additional members to join our team. We are seeking applicants who enjoy a challenge, and are looking for a rapidly changing, dynamic environment. We offer competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, 401K, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, Aflac, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.