Title: Teaching Assistant and Substitute Teacher
We engage children in an individualized and challenging educational environment, enriching minds and cultivating confident and creative builders of the future.For additional information visit thebiomeschool.org.
The Biome may be a good fit for you if...
- you love children and enjoy working with them
- you believe every child possesses unique gifts and talents
- you enjoy exploring each child's strengths to find his or her unique gifts and talents
- you are comfortable assuming a leadership role in our school and having the autonomy to be innovative in your instruction
- you are interested in creating a unique and flexible academic roadmap with your students rather than delivering one that is prescribed
- youhave maintained a child-like curiosity about the world in which we live.
The ideal candidate for this position must beaninnovative thinkerwho iscontinually refining his or her instructional approach to meet student needs and to provideexcitingand engaging learning opportunities.We are searching for afewcreative,action-orientededucatorswho will challenge the status quo andestablish a culture that encourages inquiry,curiosity,and resilience.The goalsfor educating our childrenare changing,and The Biomeaims tocultivate future leaders who will design the assembly lines of the future, not work on them.All candidates who fit this description and wish to apply must provide examples of their past innovative approachesinthe classroom.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team in a dual role: Teaching Assistant and Substitute Teacher. The Teaching Assistant will work alongside the Classroom Leaders to create an environment which is safe and nurturing and promotes high level learning for all students. As well, the Teaching Assistant will be instrumental in providing instruction and intervention to learners. As needed, the Teaching Assistant will serve as a Substitute Teacher, managing the classroom and guiding instruction in the absence of the assigned Classroom Leader. Ideal candidates are energized by the vitality of young people and are innately patient and empathetic. For success in this role, candidates must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and must be adept at communicating verbally and in written form.
Teacher Assistant Responsibilities
- Work with individual students and/or small groups to boost understanding of the content
- Assist the Classroom Leader with instruction
- Support the Classroom Leader in the preparation of classroom materials
- Help with classroom management
- Work with the Classroom Leader to identify and resolve learner challenges
- Supervise learners during transition periods, lunch, and recess
- Assist with the Before Care Program
- Additional responsibilities, as needed, to promote and improve learning
- Support Classroom Leaders in areas such as lesson planning and grading of assignments and assessments
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities
- Follow Classroom Leader's lesson plans to ensure continuity of instruction and consistent methodologies
- Effectively manage the classroom
- Create a supportive environment that promotes active participation and boosts learning
- Supervise students during transition periods, lunch, and recess
- Follow classroom and school procedures
- Complete an end-of-day report for the Classroom Leader
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience as a classroom teacher, teaching assistant, or substitute teacher
- Possesses a valid substitute teaching, elementary education, or early childhood certificate for Missouri
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Approachable and collaborative
- Great sense of humor
- Reliable and engaged
- Motivated by the belief that all students have the capacity for high level learning
Please submit the following items:
EmailTo:(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)
No phone calls willbe accepted.