Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Lead
Location: Salisbury, NC
Department: Plant Operations
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: 9/27/2017
Summary: The Shipping and Receiving Lead is an integral member of the Freshouse Team and key to the Freshouse Experience. As the Shipping and Receiving Lead, you provide both direct and indirect leadership. When directed by your supervisor or manager you will direct your team to ensure receiving, shipping and delivery schedules are met. You will, at all times, reflect the values of a model warehouse employee with responsibilities for training, checking, inventory accuracy, in process auditing as well as the responsibilities customary of a shipping and receiving associate. As a member of the leadership team you will participate in the continuous improvement activities of the plant.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Works to maintain a safe, clean, organized work environment.
· Promptly investigates all safety incidents occurring on shift to include damage to people, product, building or equipment. Prioritizes activities that secure the safety and health of on shift team members.
· Documents incidents using company incident tracking system.
· Directs and train shipping and receiving personnel.
· As required, communicate clearly daily priorities with shipping and receiving personnel.
· Perform duties customary of warehouse associates to include, unloading, receiving, put away, cycle count, order picking, order checking and loading
· Ensures that customer sales orders are picked, checked and loaded correctly and efficiently and distribution of product is completed according to shipping schedule.
· Ensures that product received from production or other plants/suppliers is received, checked, put away and activities and locations are recorded correctly in WMS.
· Works cooperatively with QA to ensure inspections are completed timely and assists with disposition instructions as necessary.
· Reviews all shift documents for accuracy; assists in identifying and eliminating errors. Investigates all OS&D and known inventory discrepancies with support from shift lead.
· Reviews outlying areas report and ensures products physical locations matches the WMS location.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area, includes shipping and receiving dock and all coolers.
· Communicates clearly with warehouse leadership team the status of work at the end of shift giving special priority to any open request not completed.
· Practice and complies with all Company policies and procedures including safety, facility GMP’s, work rules, etc.
· Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
· Supervises employees in the Shipping and Receiving department. Is responsible for providing direction, coordination, and evaluation of team members.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Competent user of required systems:
o Produce Pro ERP and Inspection App
o MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
· Seek additional training as required
· Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals, values and over all company culture.
· Teamwork - Working collaboratively with a group of people, in order to achieve Railex goals. Joint action by a group of people, in which individual interests are secondary to group unity and efficiency. Cooperate using individual skills and provide constructive feedback.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Two years of prior experience in field is required; experience in a warehouse atmosphere is preferred.
· Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification
· Bilingual, American English and Spanish is desired
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch.
· The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Listen, speak clearly, and communicate well with others.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Environment is often in refrigerated zone
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities. The employee will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities discussed and directed by the Management.Company Description
A family owned, multi-generational company with 70 years’ experience in all phases of fresh produce. Our company mission is built on quality, trust, relationships and reliability.