Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our NEW Salt Lake City facility.
What we offer
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
As a Supplier Development Specialist you will be responsible for qualifying and on-boarding potential and existing suppliers. Support Procurement in supplier-related quality and delivery issues, drive continual improvement and develop production satisfaction with purchased products.
· Identify suppliers based on the need of Procurement
· Plan and conduct supplier visits and audits
· Develop potential and released suppliers
· Setup suppliers in ERP system
· Setup suppliers that they are ready to quote ( Commercial contracts, capabilities etc.)
· Ensure link between quality and purchasing department
· Develop supplier score card and revise existing audit form
· High school diploma or GED required
· 5 years’ experience in a similar industry
· Background in quality
· Resilient and independent personality
· Strong organizational skills and efficient working methods
· Experienced with Microsoft Office and ERP system (preferable Infor COM)
· Cross-functional thinker and quick learner
· Able to work in global teams
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.Company Description
Stadler has been building trains for over 75 years. The system provider of solutions in rail vehicle construction is headquartered in Bussnang, in eastern Switzerland. The Stadler Rail Group has over 7600 employees at several locations in Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, the Netherlands, Belarus, Algeria, UK and the USA. Stadler offers a comprehensive range of all-in-one and city transport services: high-speed trains, intercity trains, regional and S-Bahn trains, subways, tram trains and trams. In addition, Stadler produces locomotives, shunting locomotives and passenger coaches, including the Europe's most powerful diesel-electric locomotive, the EURO4000. Stadler is the world's leading manufacturer of cog railway vehicles. In addition, Stadler Service maintains vehicle fleets with over 800 vehicles with an annual mileage of 120 million kilometers in 40 countries.
If you would like to start or continue your career at Stadler, you will find exciting job offers at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/