The account and billing specialist position is accountable for creating invoices and credit memos, issuing them to customers by all necessary means, and updating customer files.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides assistance to customers with information regarding customer accounts.
- Processes orders to satisfy customer requests, researches billing related issues, assesses charges for service connections and works emergency Call Duty.
- Serves as a resource in the investigation and resolution of issues related to customer billing and collection of accounts receivable, including research and analysis of gas, electric and non- commodity accounts, products, services and collection activities.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as actions taken
- Checks to ensure that appropriate steps were made to resolve customers' concerns.
- Arranges for billing.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of any past due or uncollected items.
- Resolves customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as refunding money and adjusting bills.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Reviews account for historical transactions
- Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience using SAP
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working Environment Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion.
- Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi- functioning printer and calculator.
- Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
- After hours work may be required.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Labor on Demand Inc. is a San Antonio based staffing firm providing permanent and temporary support staff to the San Antonio Metropolitan and surrounding area. At Labor On Demand Inc. we believe that in order to succeed in this world, you must be ever changing. Our vision comes with the ability to see what others only dream about.